Glow Product Safety Information
Our glow products are a great way to liven up any party, event or celebration, Our glow products are Safe Non Toxic, CE Approval EN71, ASTM F963-03, AS/NZS ISO 8124. Please read the following guidelines so that you can have full enjoyment of our glowing party products.
Our glow products are NOT classified as dangerous according to Directive 1999 45 EC as amended and adapted
Our glow products are NOT hazardous according to the criteria specified in 29CFR 1910.1200 (Hazard Communication Standard)
Our glow products are non flammable and non combustible.
The liquid in our glow products is non-flammable and non-toxic but may stain clothing or furniture.
The Glow products should not be punctured, bent, cut or chewed
If given to children, Parents or the responsible adults should supervise the children at all times while using the glow products to ensure that the products are not chewed, bent, cut or otherwise mistreated which may cause the glow product to leak
Contact with skin or eyes may cause temporary discomfort. In case of skin or eye contact rinse thoroughly with water.
Although our products are safe, the liquid in our glow products is not edible and should not be ingested or drunk.
Glow products should not be left in direct sunlight or exposed to high temperature. After use please dispose in a responsible manner by placing the glow products in a refuse bin or container,
Our products are not suitable for use by children under three years of age. Some products contain small parts and therefore constitute a choking hazard for children under the age of three.
Health and First Aid Measures
Eyes: Irritation may occur following exposure to a leaking, ruptured or punctured glow product, the liquid contents may irritate eyes
Treatment: If a glow product is leaking, ruptured or punctured the liquid contents may irritate the eyes. We recommend that you flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. If irritation persists or increases you should seek medical attention
Skin: Irritation may occur following exposure to a leaking or punctured product and may be harmful if absorbed through the skin
Treatment: If a glow product is leaking, ruptured or punctured the liquid contents may irritate the skin. We recommend that you rinse exposed area with large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists or increases you should seek medical attention
Ingestion: May cause irritation to the mouth area following exposure to a leaking or punctured product
Treatment: If a glow product is leaking, ruptured or punctured the liquid contents may irritate the mouth area. We recommend that you rinse the mouth and exposed area with clear tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists or increases you should seek medical attention
Inhalation: Not anticipated, Respiratory irritation may occur if vapours are released due to heat or an abundance of liquid from a leaking or punctured product
Treatment: If a glow product is leaking, ruptured or punctured the liquid contents may irritate the respiratory tract. Remove to fresh air. If irritation persists or increases you should seek medical attention
Sky Lanterns/Chinese Lanterns
Sky Lanterns can pose a risk to aviation and a nuisance to rescue services. In Ireland written permission must be sought from the Irish Aviation Association before lanterns can be used. Further details can be found at www.iaa.ie
Safety Check before Launching Sky Lanterns
1. Ensure that the wind is very light - 7 miles per hour or below is suitable for launching Sky Lanterns of all sizes.
2. Only launch Sky Lanterns in a large clear space away from trees, powerlines and buildings. Do not use Sky Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport.
3. If there is a slight breeze, ensure that when launched, your sky lanterns do not fly towards buildings, trees, airports, roads or any area they may pose a danger.
4. Ensure that all spectators stand upwind of the people launching the Sky Lanterns.
5. It is advisable to have a bucket of water or some sand close by in case of emergency.
6. Sky Lanterns are not a toy. Sky Lanterns should only be launched by a responsible Adult.
7. Do not use during prolonged periods of dry weather.
8. Do not launch torn or damaged Sky Lanterns.
9. Do not Launch Sky Lanterns if the glow could be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
10. Read all safety instructions carefully before launching Sky Lanterns.