How to Launch a Sky Lantern
Sky Lantern Launch instructions
Choose a good launch site. The launch site should free of debris and trees for at least one hundred square feet. You should not launch near buildings or motor vehicles. Only launch when there is no wind or rain as those conditions could make the launch difficult or unsafe.
Open your sky lantern and if necessary attach the fuel cell by pulling to the centre.
Make sure that your sky lantern is filled with air. This can be done by gently swaying the chinese lantern back and forth until it is full.
Light the fuel cell. We recommend that you light all four corners and wait for the flame to fill the sky lantern with warm air.
Let go and enjoy! be sure to wait until you feel a tug from the chinese lantern before you let go
1. Ensure that the wind is very light - 7 miles per hour or below is suitable for launching Sky Lanterns of all sizes.
2. Only launch Sky Lanterns in a large clear space away from trees, power lines and buildings. Do not use Sky Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport.
3. If there is a slight breeze, ensure that when launched, your sky lanterns do not fly towards buildings, trees, airports, roads or any area they may pose a danger.
4. Ensure that all spectators stand upwind of the people launching the Sky Lanterns.
5. It is advisable to have a bucket of water or some sand close by in case of emergency.
6. Sky Lanterns are not a toy. Sky Lanterns should only be launched by a responsible Adult.
7. Do not use during prolonged periods of dry weather.
8. Do not launch torn or damaged Sky Lanterns.
9. Do not Launch Sky Lanterns if the glow could be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
10. Read all safety instructions carefully before launching Sky Lanterns, you should contact IAA Irish Aviation Authority for guidelines and regulations on launching sky lanterns
Glowsticks.ie Sky Lanterns and Chinese Lanterns Ireland